HII Australia’s most valuable asset is its people. We develop shipbuilders and sustainers who are focused on our core priorities of safety, quality, cost and schedule. We develop them with a strong focus on leadership, emphasizing a frontline and middle management knowledge base and culture in the shipbuilding design, construction and sustainment areas. We develop the world’s finest shipbuilders and sustainers through an integrated partnership with key stakeholders, an unwavering commitment to long-term career development, and a culture of life-long learning.
Industry Leading Apprentice Programs
- Craftsmanship – Skills developed through on-the-job training
- Scholarship – Educational foundation through academic coursework and trade theory
- Leadership – Continuous advanced learning to emerge as one of the next generation of shipbuilding leaders
- Citizenship – Be a steward in the workplace and community.
Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd is a business unit under Technical Solutions’ Fleet Support Group. Our commitment to training requirements is focused on “Find. Fix. Train.” Our training team focuses on end-to-end solutions. From initial training needs analysis through courseware development to instruction of complex training solutions, we use a variety of blended solutions.
Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd provides turnkey solutions, from planning and design to development, packaging and delivery of the final product:
- Training Planning Process Methodology (TRPPM)
- Front-End Analysis (FEA)
- Navy Training Systems Plan (NTSP)
- Job Duty Task Analysis (JDTA)
- Training needs Analysis (TNA)
- Content Planning Module (CPM)
- Learning Object Module (LO Module)
- Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM)
- Courseware Design Packages (CDP)
- Instructional Media Design Packages (IMDP)
- Content development
- Job sheet development
- PC Simulation
- Tests and assessments
- Formative/Summative evaluations
- Formal classroom training
- “Mobile Classroom” — portable tablet training
- Distance support mobile training programs
- System Familiarization (FAM) training and Operation and Maintenance (O&M) training
- Instructor-Led Training (OLT)
- Hands-on equipment training
- Computer-Aided Instruction (CAI)
- Computer-Based Training (CBT)/Web-Based Training (WBT)
- Interactive Courseware (ICW)/Interactive Media Instruction (IMI)
- Integrated Learning Environment (ILE)
- Sharable content Object Reference Model (SCORM)-compliant courses
- Section 508-compliant courses
Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd’s comprehensive services cover every aspect of media production, from script to screen. We supply crews, equipment and packages to fit any project. We have captured events on board ships at sea and in port, at corporate events and at test facilities all over the world. From shooting in the field to the final edit, our post-production environment is designed to encourage creativity and enhance workflow. Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd’s production offerings include:
- Field-ready video production
- In-house multimedia studio
- Voice-over talent and audio production
- Full array of video format support including web-based, DVD, and high-definition from 1080i to 4K
- Web-based video Job Performance Aid (JPA) development
- Mobile tablet support
- Special effects and 3D support
- Digital still photography, including aerial drones
- Graphics, Animation and Modeling
- Multi-format output, transfer and duplication
Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd delivers government and commercial training programs ranging from familiarization to detailed operating and maintenance procedures for specific equipment. We offer all types of multimedia and computer-based training, as well as distance learning packages and classroom and on-the-job/hands-on training. We convert traditional paper-based training to e-learning methodologies.
Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd designs, develops and delivers our training products by employing the Planning Analysis, Design, development, Implementation and Evaluation + Maintenance (PADDIE+M) model of the Instructional System Design (ISD) approach.
Using leading edge technology-based tools and a methodology tailored to customer objectives, our training specialists are achieving measurable results for their customers’ often limited training budgets. Our business is to deliver results to customers by understanding their needs and making their training effective and efficient.