As the premier, trusted sustainment provider to the U.S. Navy, we hold ourselves to a very high standard of performance. On all deployed vessels, the lives of our sailors depend upon our ability to perform at the highest level of quality repair and modernization work. As such, we hold ourselves accountable for their welfare by performing repairs and modernizations at the highest safety and quality levels achievable. This begins in the planning phase and continues uninterrupted through re-delivery of the vessel to the ship’s crew.
Fleet Sustainment Capabilities
- Logistics – a complete and affordable range of innovative logistics projects and services
- IT and Data Management – from IT production to upgrade and support of complete system architectures
- Rapid prototyping – from concept to design, prototype to production and test to delivery
- Training – Turnkey solutions, from planning and design to development, packaging and delivery
- Engineering & Design – From concept through detail to in-service support, experience in all levels of design
- Certified Master Ship Repair (MSR) – Certified workforce to perform all types of repairs on every class of ship
Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd is a business unit under Technical Solutions’ Fleet Support Group. Military and maritime industry clients of this group require the support of a total ship systems service contractor to accomplish rapid response alterations and authorized changes to installed shipboard systems and equipment.
As a “Total Ship Systems” service provider, Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd is a contractor with the experience and capability to support all three of the traditional shipboard operational disciplines:
- Hull Machinery and Equipment
- Combat Systems
Huntington Ingalls Industries Australia Pty Ltd provides end-to-end maintenance and modernization solutions for the U.S. Military, U.S. Government and the commercial maritime industry, including:
- Maintenance Planning & Logistics Support
- Modernization Support
- Maintenance and Maintenance Support
- Manufacturing, Fabrication and Repair
Our maintenance and modernization expertise includes, among others:
- Field engineers
- Design engineers and drafters
- Electronic technicians and master tradesmen
- Fiber and multi-pin connector technicians
Our 35 years of experience on aircraft carriers, submarines, surface ships and small boats encompasses:
- Maintenance for all types of scheduled TYCOM availabilities
- Mid-life Refueling and Complex Overhaul (RCOH)
- New construction (engineering, design, planning, installation, testing)
- Modernization and system upgrades (installation, testing)
- Emergent work – Our “Fly-Away Teams” can mobilize anywhere, anytime
- Condition assessments, ship checks, tag-outs and safe work control
- Training for maintenance or operation of equipment systems
We have been managing complex shipboard modernization project since 1981. We offer our clients a large technical workforce with a lean, flexible management organization and program structure designed to provide maximum Program Manager authority; waterfront tested Project Quality Planning, scheduling, control and reporting; demonstrated staffing expertise; proven subcontractor control; and an ingrained ISO 9001:2008-certified Quality Management System.
We do business differently from traditional contractors. We are committed to provide the finest possible solution to any problem regardless of company affiliation. Our unique organizational design enables our Fleet Support Group to provide optimal solutions that meet any customer’s requirements without internal constraints — a challenge in many diversified defense primes. We provide value-added service to our clients through our extensive experience, insight and ongoing relationships with government agencies and maritime corporations involved with ship modernization and construction.
Fleet Support Group also provides engineering, design, logistics, information technology, data management and training solutions in addition to our maintenance and modernization support services.
For more information, view and download brochures from HII Technical Solutions’ Fleet Support Group.